McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
The McDonald’s team is looking for a high energy, marketing professional with an unwavering focus on business outcomes to own the development of Co-Op specific marketing plans, AND lead the execution of the US marketing plan within the assigned geography to profitably build sales, transactions, and cash flow for the company and Owner/Operators.
Key customers include McDonald’s Field Office Management, Co-op Owner/Operators, Field Office Staff and Restaurant Management within the assigned geography.
- Maintains and strengthens the McDonald's brand position (sales, transactions and cash flow) in their assigned geography.
- Communicates US and field office plans and priorities and partners with local agencies and owner operators to build Co-op plans that are aligned to the overall US business plan.
- Strategic planning/alignment, tactical development, execution, evaluation, and continuous improvement of Co-Op marketing plans/resources (includes advertising, promotion and public relations) to achieve annual Co-Op goals. Leads this process if assigned Co-Ops independently.
- Tracks performance of coop marketing plan priorities weekly, monthly, etc. and facilitates appropriate adjustments
- Manages agencies in the development of advertising creative strategies/briefs
- Manages development and execution of local advertising (TV, radio, outdoor, print, and restaurant merchandising, etc.) in accordance with the US creative process and standards.
- Manages the process for development, execution and evaluation of local media plans in assigned Co-Ops
- Ensures optimized merchandising execution within assigned Coops
- Maximizes success of the system plan by ensuring Owner/Operator understanding and advocacy for the US marketing plan by securing coop votes and providing continuous input and feedback to Field Office, and US Management.
- Will work cross functionally across departments including Operations, Finance, Business Insights, etc. to ensure holistic approach to the plan and delivery on key targets
- We want you to provide a leadership points of view, build strong relationships and cultivate teamwork among Owner Operators, Agencies, Suppliers and Staff to achieve maximum performance.
- You will manage the day-to-day work flow of the McDonalds Co-Op agencies.
- In partnership with Co-Op leadership, you will hold agencies accountable for deliverables within approved scope, through formal and informal agency performance reviews.
- You will need to gather, analyze, and provide accurate, relevant, and timely inputs to support the development of local agency recommendations to Owner Operators, allowing them to make informed and confident decisions.
- Interpret and evaluate information related to sales, P&L, promotional evaluation, competition, general economic trends, and qualitative/quantitative research.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Relevant experience in Field Marketing or advertising agency experience
- Strong computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Firm understanding of excel, business analytics, business case development and social media
- Openness to travel frequently within Field Office geography and occasionally in the domestic US
- Willingness to relocate to Denver or within the Denver Field Office territory
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.