McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s Global Supply Chain Management Department is industry-renowned for its ability to provide best-in-class quality products that are sustainable at a competitive price. In fact, for the third year in a row, Gartner has included McDonald’s Supply Chain in the “Masters” category as part of its 2020 Supply Chain Top 25 rankings.
The team of exceptional supply chain professionals within the Supply Chain department enable profitability for the McDonald’s restaurants by strategically driving key Growth Plan initiatives, establishing and nurturing strong working relationships with suppliers, and continuously reviewing and executing sustainable, sourcing initiatives to enhance competitiveness within key categories.
The Supply Chain Sourcing Manager reports to the Director of Strategic Sourcing and is accountable for ongoing food category management and supplier performance which includes: supplier management, commodity risk management, pricing, forecasting and budgeting, strategic sourcing review support/results execution, and cost savings target planning/execution. Key stakeholders include: category suppliers, new products and field supply chain, menu/culinary, marketing, operations, and U.S. and Global supply chain management. Ultimately, the most important stakeholder is the customer that enters the McDonald’s restaurant.
Supply Chain Vision
- Develop category work plan, strategy
- Align supplier work plans to category plan, strategy
Strategic Planning (Category)
- Lead Strategic Sourcing Reviews & execution of results
- Commodity Risk Management Recommendations, in partnership with Treasury
- Competitive Validation Execution
- Contingency Planning, Crisis Management
- Support Supplier Sustainability Plan execution
- Develop/Execute Business Cases (as needed)
- New Products Support/Execution
- Category/Supplier Pricing Management (Projected and Actual)
- Category/Supplier Cost Savings Target planning/execution
- Pricing Protocol Execution
- Category Variance Account Management
- Annual Supplier Budget Review
- Supplier Performance Metrics/Business Review Execution
- Day to Day Supplier/Product Field Performance
- Lead Category Councils
- Supplier Workplace Accountability Review/Remediation
- 4 year accredited degree in supply chain or business field
- Minimum of 5 years supply chain/sourcing experience, preferably in food/agriculture
- Ability to communicate effectively and candidly
- Ability to achieve results through teamwork, gaining alignment with key partners
- Ability to focus attention on what matters most, prioritizing frequently to support dynamic business needs
- Strong analytical abilities with ability to synthesize complex information and articulate in a concise manner, translating into business recommendations, with a high level of completeness and accuracy
- Strong project management skills
- Supplier relationship management expertise
- Flexibility to support fast paced ever-changing business environment
- Passion to lead, drive growth and continuous improvement
- Exemplifies McDonald’s values
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.