McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.
The Restaurant Food Safety team is part of US Supply Chain Management. The team serves as an interactive business partner to identify and mitigate potential food safety risks at US restaurants to protect the brand and our customers. The mission of the team is to enable our restaurants to serve safe food and beverages to our customers every day and align with health department regulations. This role will report to the Director of Restaurant Food Safety and will focus on helping align our restaurant procedures with changes to health department regulations and work with restaurant operations to help drive continued improvements in compliance levels on public health inspections at all our US restaurants.
This position will reside within Global Strategic Sourcing Services (GSSS) in the Indirect Procurement group within the McDonald’s Global Supply Chain business. GSSS is a dynamic, growing department which contributes directly to the bottom line performance of the company. GSSS consults with leaders throughout the company and supports initiatives that are driving McDonald’s into the future. This position will be responsible for sourcing and category management activities, which entails partnering with internal stakeholders to develop requirements, issuing and scoring RFx events, negotiating pricing and contracts, calculating and reporting savings, and executing supplier management and sourcing best practices. Establishing and prioritizing key work plan elements for sourcing projects and categories will be critical to achieve expected objectives and results. This position will report to a GSSS Purchasing Manager, and will work closely with other team members, key support departments, and critical stakeholders in the company owned restaurants, franchisee base, global, and US Home and Regional offices. This position may entail supervision of Sourcing Analysts.
- Executing and fostering GSSS’s 7-Step Strategic Sourcing process
- Calculating baseline spend prior to project kickoff and savings after successful implementation
- Developing project plans, deliverables, metrics and achievements for associated projects
- Scoring suppliers and supporting the supplier selection process
- Supporting supplier negotiations
- Providing judgment on the value of the deal
- Supporting execution and transition activities (at times leading these efforts)
- Leading assigned categories and overall supplier relationships including:
- Completing necessary tasks to gather key supplier data (i.e. volumes, costs, product and service performance statistics, financial information, etc)
- Identifying supplier risks and formulating suggested mitigation strategies
- Reviewing and approving vendor performance standards and measurements
- Providing input into annual category management plans
- Facilitating critical issues on behalf of vendors and partners
- Executing all necessary communications to ensure accurate and timely flow of information to internal customers, partners, and suppliers
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in core Business subject areas, STEM fields, or Supply Chain Management required.
- 4+ years’ experience in strategic sourcing or commensurate experience in related functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in Excel or similar tools
- Proficient at communicating conclusions to leadership in a clear and concise manner
- Possess a working knowledge of procurement standard methodologies, including supplier negotiations, selection, evaluation, management, and development; must be able to demonstrate “hands-on” experience
- Think critically in order to structure analyses and processes to tackle poorly defined problems
- Negotiate and provide mutually beneficial contracts and business relationships
- Build positive working relationships both internally and externally to provide McDonald’s with goods and services at the lowest Total Cost of Ownership and lowest risk
- Communicate efficiently via written and oral methods
- Able to problem tackle and search for answers using internal and external network/sources
- Organized and able to efficiently handle a number of responsibilities/projects at once
- Able to influence internal and external partners
- Capable of leading, directing, and developing others
- Capable of working effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, figuring out work steps based upon management direction
- Able to align own activities with group’s goals and strategies
- Possess natural curiosity, asking questions when necessary to understand a problem
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.