McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here!
About the Department:
The Quality Systems team is responsible for food safety, quality, identifying and managing emerging issues, and areas related to sustainable supply. We work with our suppliers to ensure continuous enhancements of the systems that deliver quality and safety and protect the brand.
This position focuses on quality systems and food safety in the Poultry, Eggs and Fish categories in U.S. Supply Chain (SCM), Quality Systems Team (QS). This individual provides proactive leadership in the development and implementation of the quality vision, infrastructure and systems needed to protect and enhance brand McDonald’s relative to product quality, consistency, conformance to standards, food safety, regulatory and emerging issues. In addition, this position serves as a technical expert to advise and support internal/external safety and quality brand-related initiatives.
You will report to a director in the QS team and will work closely with other functional teams and suppliers. Key customers include but are not limited to: McDonald’s Supply Chain, McDonald’s restaurants, Culinary, Menu & Kitchen teams, Restaurant Systems, Global SC/Quality Systems, Sustainability, Owner/Operators, Suppliers and McDonald’s senior leadership.
U.S. Quality Systems and Brand Protection:
- Serves as the U.S. center of perfection for product and
process quality and food safety both from a strategic perspective as well as
day-to-day critical incident management.
- Supports Supply Chain in delivering on the U.S. business
plan ensuring that U.S. market and customer needs are met.
- Supports development, implements, maintains and improves
proactive quality, food safety and animal welfare systems, assessing risk to
prevent failures and mitigate risk to the consumer, U.S. business and Brand
- In partnership with global and U.S. market supply chain
resources, interprets and communicates the conformance to global and local
market standards for the applicable product categories across the U.S.
restaurant system using existing and to be designed metrics.
- Identifies product and process improvement opportunities,
targeting valued activities that incorporate product and process measurement
- Creates systems and infrastructure to measurably reduce
variation and increase product consistency delivered to the consumer.
- Partners with U.S. suppliers to meet, maintain and improve
upon quality standards/McDonald’s Specifications for both product/ingredient
components and finished products.
- Leads U.S. supplier teams to engage in the design and
execution of improved quality processes across the system. This includes using
standard methodologies, benchmarking, etc.
Innovation and Technology:
- Facilitates change within the system in product components
and/or product preparation procedures (e.g. product design, ingredient
technology, etc.) in order to ensure that finished products continue to meet or
exceed quality expectations within McDonald’s standards.
- Engages suppliers in the simplification of restaurant
product, processes and packaging that would result in increased ease of
restaurant operations, product robustness and improved across-the-counter
- Stays current with industry technology and systems, bringing
applicable ideas and potential solutions for tracking and maintaining quality
and safety and/or enhances quality and safety applicable to product categories.
- Anticipates current and changing quality, food safety and business needs and participates in the development of U.S. market or Global Quality Systems processes/tools to meet those changing needs.
- Working with QS, SST and supplier teams, ensures the appropriate quality and food safety programs and policies are in place to execute the U.S. QS quality plan.
- Collaborates in the development, support and execution of the department plan and scorecard measurements.
- Leads the technical relationship with the suppliers involved in the supply chain product categories. Works directly and regularly with suppliers to ensure the appropriate quality infrastructure is in place to execute the product quality and food safety plan.
- Communicates the McDonald’s product quality vision, plan and implementation progress, and measures of success to suppliers and other McDonald’s departments.
- Acts as a relationship partner with internal and external customers by establishing and building open lines of communication across all levels of the system.
- Provides ongoing coaching, technical support and training of Supply Chain, suppliers and other departments.
- Champions and promotes working relationships within McDonald’s and counterparts in other corporations and outside professional organizations to gain and share knowledge.
- B.S degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Animal Science/Food Science degree preferred with at least 5 years of food product production/ quality systems and/or food industry experience
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and experience working with regulatory agencies is a plus.
- The individual should possess strong analytical skills, should be tech savvy and should possess excellent verbal and written communications skills to communicate findings within the system as needed.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
Country: United States
Requisition Number: 6952BR
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.