The VP of US Operations Initiative, Planning and Deployment is responsible for setting strategy and vision for the deployment of US Operations initiatives to drive and optimize decisions resulting in improved restaurant operations. This person acts as a thought partner to the business through their deep understanding of McDonald’s restaurant operations and expertise in deployment and project management to actualize performance drivers. The VP of Operations Implementation, Planning and Deployment has direct leadership of the Field Deployment and Operations Technology, NABIT (Nuts and Bolts Integration Team), and Operations Business Integration teams.Responsibilities
· Improve restaurant operations & execution through oversight and approval of the full portfolio of all initiatives across the organization that will touch the restaurants.
- Partner with functional leadership to understand strategic direction and requirements, developing effective working relationships and cross-functional management processes and communications.
- Advise senior leaders at the highest levels about the project portfolio, status and resource planning for delivering strategic business initiatives.
- Identify issues/risks to key initiatives and raise critical issues to SVP, Operations with recommendations and/or solutions.
- Creates visibility of progress through regular tracking of progress and assess performance of all projects down to the restaurant level, providing updates to US SLT as requested.
- Champion the development and implementation of continuous improvement of McDonald’s Operations across the US.
- Modernize approach to delivering training on new products and initiatives to the owner/operator organization.
- Define and maintain the Project Management Office’s methodology and processes, including: project in-take, prioritization, and approval; portfolio and project dashboards and reporting; project backlog; resource allocation and planning; cross-organizational communications; issue and risk management; and other related activities to ensure consistent and timely project execution.
- Prioritizes and approves sequencing of all major initiatives that are rolled out to the restaurants.
- Allocation of resources and time to effectively sequence and deploy initiatives through the NABIT and central operations teams.
- Defines McDonald’s Project Management Methodology and processes.
- Accountable for results of initiative portfolio against plan, including driving adoption and execution of operations initiatives in the field.
- Deep strategic thinker who understands broad organizational goals.
- Hold broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance in retail.
- Understand store roll-out and communications process in a QSR or retail environment.
- Ability to balance challenging interests of multiple partners (including franchisees) and prioritize appropriately.
- Exceptional communicator capable of tailoring messages Demonstrated history of leadership and management in a large transformation.
- Effective change agent able to build a new organization from scratch.
- Pragmatic problem solver that quickly identifies core issues and business drivers.
- Consistent track record of successfully delivering concurrent campaigns and/or projects.
- Strong knowledge and application of business case development.
- Ability to analyze resources needed to meet objectives and solve problems.
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building complementary teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From aggressive recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Job Type: full-time
Country: United States
Requisition Number: 6891BR